Figure 1, Property location Mouse over to zoom, Click to enlarge.
Figure 2, Claims Mouse over to zoom, Click to enlarge.
Figure 3, Mineralized Zones Mouse over to zoom, Click to enlarge.
Regionally, Butler has four VMS mineralized greenstone fold limbs (to the north, west and southeast - likely the same stratigraphic suite) all of which have now yielded VMS mineralization over a potential cumulative strike length of approximately 20 km. The Butler Five Zone has Nickel-Copper sulfides, similar to vein-controlled mineralization peripheral to many significant Nickel-Copper-PGE (Platnium Group Elements) sulfide orebodies (e.g., Sudbury Basin deposits, Kabanga, Montcalm, etc.). This area has excellent,untested airborne and ground EM conductors and needs follow-up drilling. A new VMS camp with characteristics similar to those seen at Matagami or Noranda in Quebec is now conceivable (i.e., larger VMS deposits with satellite deposits along strike)- Haydn R. Butler, P.Geo
- 47 kilometres south-west of Webequie,Ontario. Access by float plane or helicopter
- VMS (Volcanic Massive Sulphides), Copper, Zinc; MMS (Magmatic Massive Sulphides), Nickel, PGE Platnium group elements, Vanadium
- 73 contiguous mining claims, covering an area of 176.9 square kilometres.
Stage of Exploration:
- Airborne Geophysics was completed in 2004 and 2008
- Ground Geophysics, Down Hole EM Pusle Geophysics
- Diamond Drilling
Current Work Program:
- 2013 surface electromagnetic geophysical survey underway
- 2013 Drill program to commence in after electromagnetic geophysical survey
- Lithologic relogging of all diamond drill core
- Whole rock lithogeochemical sampling
- Alteration identification and quantification
- Down Hole EM Pulse Geophysics
- Six prospective Volcanic-associated Massive Sulphide (VMS) minerals zones, as well as the "Butler 5" zone for Ni-Cu-PGE located on the east side of the property. Click here to see the 6 mineralized zones.
- PGE's (platnium group elements) have been re-examined and confirmed.
- Vanadium mineralization has been identifed over the Butler Property
- For a completed list of Assasy results from Holes MN10-87 to MN10-141, click here.
- For a completed list of the Assay results from Holes MN11-V01 to MN11-Ni02, click here.
- MacDonald Mines Receives Results from Resistivity/IP Surveys on Nickel Target adding to the Potential of Butler Property; Closes First Tranche of Non-Brokered Private Placement (March 29, 2012)
- MacDonald Mines Receives Positive Results from the Ground Gravity Survey on the Butler Property and prepares for March Drill Program (February 28, 2012)
MacDonald Mines Begins Ground Gravity Survey on Butler in the Ring of Fire ( February 16, 2012)